NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
WINTER STORM WARNING
502 AM CST Mon Jan 15 2018
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM CST TUESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
Winter Storm Warning for freezing rain and sleet, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Tuesday. The Winter Storm
Watch is no longer in effect.
* WHAT...Significant icing possible. The ice will result in dangerous travel conditions for late Monday night through the day on Tuesday. Total ice accumulations of up around one tenth of an inch are expected with isolated totals up to one quarter inch.
* WHERE...Most of northern part of south central Texas.
* WHEN...From late Monday night through Tuesday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...In addition to the wintry precipitation and the impacts of accumulating freezing rain, sleet, and snow, the temperatures will be very cold. Temperatures will drop into the upper 20s by Tuesday afternoon and with strong north winds
windchill values could drop into the teens. Overnight Tuesday into Wednesday as temperatures continue to drop some single digit windchill values will be possible in the Hill Country.
* TIMING...12 AM through 6 PM Tuesday
* MAIN IMPACT...Hazardous travel conditions
A Winter Storm Warning for sleet means that a winter storm system
is impacting the area with significant amounts of sleet and freezing rain. Travel is likely to be severely impacted.
The Buda Fire Department is holding a free car seat fitting station on Jan. 13, 2018 from 10:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment call 512-295-2232. It's being held at the fire station at 151 FM 2001.
Trail of Lights is on tonight. Are you ready? We bought in some additional granite to help reinforce some of the wet areas, but it will remain muddy in areas. So, wear some shoes you don't mind getting dirty. See you at Trail of Lights.
Park at Cabelas in parking lot H and we will shuttle you to Stagecoach Park from there.
Buda Trail of Lights Schedule
Dec. 8th 6-10 p.m.
Dec. 9th 6-10 p.m.
Dec. 14 6-10 p.m.
Dec. 15 6-10 p.m.
Dec. 16 6-10 p.m.
Dec . 17 6-10 p.m.
The City of Buda is bringing the holiday cheer this year and we couldn't be more excited! We have Shop Small Saturday, Historic Downtown, Buda, TX on November 25, the Holiday Sip & Stroll on December 1, then there is 38th Annual Budafest (our personal favorite) on December 2 & 3, and then Buda Trail of Lights are December 7-9 and 14-17.
With all these holiday activities for you and the family, your holidays are sure to be merry and bright!